These are our main staff who are based within our office to ensure the planning and execution of events, campaigns, and other responsibilities of the BID are carried out with maximum impact to our area.
Our Ambassadors will be the face, eyes and ears for the BID team, ensuring town centre operations run smoothly. Our experienced team will provide a welcoming sense of security and a visible presence within the BID area. To arrange an ambassador visit to your business, call 01623 633939.
What do the Ambassadors do?
Our team of Ambassadors will be the face, eyes and ears for the BID team, ensuring City centre operations run smoothly. Our experienced team will provide a welcoming sense of security and a visible presence within the BID area. Our Ambassadors will undertake a wide range of tasks including :
• Greeting visitors to the town and be available to members of the public requiring help, assistance, advice, guidance and direction etc.
• Advising shoppers and visitors about the range of services and facilities.
• Providing a presentable, highly visible and friendly walking visitor information service and business liaison service.
• Maintaining an excellent understanding of town centre operations, events, attractions and BID activities.
• Visiting businesses regularly to address business needs, suggestions, security matters and record incidents, complaints or other feedback.
• Patrolling the town centre on a daily basis.
• To work with Police, PCSO’s, CCTV operators and other partners to assist in the reduction of stock loss and antisocial behaviour.
• Offering basic First Aid and assist with lost children and offer assistance to vulnerable people or potential criminal activity.
• Assisting businesses with co-ordinating promotions through to dealing with anti-social behaviour.
• Supporting property owners in keeping boundaries clean, tidy and attractive and devoid of litter.
• Maintaining communications with the control room, management and other agencies through the use of the radio, or other means as required.
• Business contact gathering info – initial contact with levy payers.I have been married for 32 years and have 4 children. In my spare time I enjoy fishing, playing darts.
Night Time Ambassadors
Mansfield BID has invested £X? to enable the delivery of the current Night Time Ambassadors in the Town centre during the night time economy.
Night Time Ambassadors provides a safe, and friendly environment for everyone of all ages and vibrant night out in Mansfield. Our aim is to make the town streets a safer place for all who head into the town centre to enjoy our restaurants, pubs, bars and nightclubs.
Our Night Time Ambassadors provide a visual presence providing safety care, advice and assistance for anyone who needs it, advice and support to ensure their wellbeing, feel safe and secure in the town whilst visiting and a safe return journey to get home.
The BID provide this service 173 days each year covering Thursday, Fridays and Saturday nights aswell as Sunday nights of bank holiday weekends, ensuring we provide the continual offer of safety, advice and support supporting our night time economy and vistitors alike.
The Night Time Ambassadors not only reduces the pressure on local accident and emergency departments but also offers support to local licensed venues as well as assisting in the reduction of night-time anti-social behaviour in the city.